Wednesday 29 June 2011

CANADA

I am currently in Canada, which is pretty awesome. I have just visited Ottawa, the capital, after visiting Quebec City yesterday and Montreal for the first 3 days. I have a few rants about travel that are too short to post as a full post (I don't want to flood my blog with posts that are bitty) ,so here they are:

  • First off, tour groups. Tour groups are the scourge of all independent travellers, because they make all the lines longer, bunch together in front of the site you're trying to take a picture of and generally make everyone else feel uncomfortable. The people who take tours seem to instantly revert to a primitive herd mentality and bunch together like Armageddon will happen if they don't stick with the group. They travel around in big buses that really destroy the atmosphere for everyone else, they make loads of noise and the guides are so boring you want to commit suicide. I hate them.
  • In underdeveloped countries, all the hawkers really get on your nerves.
  • Other things that annoy me when I travel:
  • Tour guides.
  • European waiters.
  • Screaming children. Everywhere.
  • Pompous security guards.
That's all I have for now. Apart from that, travelling is awesome.
Shipping out to NYC tomorrow\:D/

Check out Black Rebel Motorcycle Club-Beat the Devil's Tattoo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites