Thursday 5 May 2011

Bulletstorm

If you've read my Intro Blog, then you will know that my favourite game at the moment is Bulletstorm. What I'd like to bring you know is my honest review/wildly biased opinion.

I love Bulletstorm. I find it extremely hard to nitpick about it as there is hardly anything to nitpick about. This game is almost perfectly balanced. The violence is gratuitous, but in a comical way as opposed to disgusting gore as in Dead Space or a similar game. The graphics are crystal clear and the slightly thicker outline somewhere between Borderland's semi-celshading and normal graphics produces a great effect. The plot is original and interesting, it's the first good Science Fiction plot for a game that I've ever played or heard of. The combat controls are great and it feels like wearing a second skin when you fight in Bulletstorm. The last great thing about Bulletstorm is the skillshot system. This is a very original idea and the satisfaction of collecting new skillshots is a great feeling. Any game that rewards you for impaling someone on a spike is already a great game in my book. The moment I got the skillshot database I realized that no other thing in my life could interfere with my ultimate goal- collecting every single skillshot in the game.

This is about as much fun as a game can give you. Bulletstorm is worth whatever you spend on it. Buy this game. Now.

Plus: Fun- Awesome Graphics-Original- Combat System
Minus: Nothing

Score: 93/100
Verdict: Play this. It's awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites