Saturday 7 May 2011

Retro

Hey everyone, I'm going to talk about retro tonight (as you may have guessed). For those of you who don't know, something comes into fashion, then becomes unpopular and when it becomes cool again, it's retro. Weird, huh?
\
Retro is a strange concept,  I think it is often used solely as a sales pitch for old stuff, but I think it mainly comes into fashion because of a new generation who did not experience the craze of the earlier generation when the item of clothing/sunglasses style/(insert suitable word here) came out, therefore they are ready to accept it as it is not an overworn item as it has gone out of fashion.

But I digress, the reason I wanted to talk about retro is Minecraft. Minecraft is a game with what could be described as retro graphics (I'm starting a Minecraft series on my YouTube soon by the way) but it is really fun in spite of that, and the graphics do not even seem to make the game feel old, just natural.

I don't know how retro works, but it does. There will be more about Minecraft and retro in my next post. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites